Workshop has finished successfully .
If you are interested in the subject, please look into DOCUMENTS tab for workshop programme and some information and training materials.
Feel free to contact us if you are interested in future projects or cooperation.
The final day.
1) Discussion on World Tourism Day 2011
2) group work – developing ideas for voluntary work in sustainable development of tourism in my
region/preserving regional inheritance etc.
3) Presenting outcomes of the workshops and summing up the workshop.
For the last evening the participants got a chance to learn about polish traditional regional dances and music.
The real voluntary work. Apart from theory participants had a chance to do something for the benefit of local institution Aeris Futuro which will remind both sides about each other.
1) introducing the Global Code of Ethics for tourism
2) Presenting the methods on Encouraging Green Tourism
3) checklist for planning and assessing your own voluntary initiatives.
Introduction to Voluntary activities:
1) Volunteering, personal engagement in the social activities in my region.
2) Types of Voluntary Initiatives for Sustainable Tourism
3) Volunteering work in local society and volunteer tourism.
3) Discussion and summarizing
The evening was commited to learning about promotion of regional uniqueness on the basis of local monastery. The participants were also guest in the local travellers club where they were taught some old polish songs by hosts.
1)Introduction of governmental policies on eco-tourism and sustainable development and
undertaken actions to reduce tourism footprints, activity of WTO
2) presenting case study and best practices in sustainable development in tourism
3) Discussion, presenting of tourism development and cultural heritage of participants regions
Participants visited Nowa Huta – some time ago it was separate village, build during comunism times and later on it became part of Cracow. It is quite different from Cracow, industrial part of the city.
It is the time to learn about each other and the other countries and cultures.
Participants brought materials and leaflets about their home towns. They were also given materials about Cracow and Malopolska region.
Plan for the day:
1) Introduction tourism industry and sustainable development in tourism – definitions, background.
2) Provide a baseline between tourism and intangible cultural heritage, including risks and opportunities
3) Discussion and summarizing
To finish first day participants had a chance to see old town of Cracow which is placed on UNESCO list. (photos by Markos Chelios)
The recruitment process is closed. Please learn about the accepted applicants in the Partcipants section.
Second stage of Recruitment process
Thank you all for sending the applications for the workshops.
We have received over 50 applications out of which only 15 people will be selected.
All the applicants will receive information on the results until 7th of February.
People accepted to the next stage will receive a link to an English test.
How to apply:
Fill in and sign the application form, please see DOCUMENT section.
Send the scan copy of signed application form by 31th January 2012 to the workshop organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the same time post the signed application form to the following address:
Fundacja Instytut Rozwoju Regionalnego i Przedsiębiorczości
ul. Na Grobli 42
You will be informed by the workshop organizer about the results of the selection by February 28th 2012.
There are some rules of the selection of candidates, i.e. only 1/3 of the participants can come from the same country, motivation to participate, treating subject of the workshop as a hobby, not a profession.
After you are accepted to attend the workshop you will be provided with all the information concerning your arrival by the workshop organizer.
There is an option of joint applications for maximum two applicants who wish to participate together. Applicants who do not wish to participate in case their mate’s/mates’ application(s) is/are rejected, must submit a joint application, with corresponding application forms in the same envelope and corresponding files attached in the same email. Joint applications will be jointly approved or rejected. See below for the accommodation arrangements.